Typical sectors where it might be a good reason to consider Hybrix™ lightweight material are automotive, shipbuilding, aircraft and train industry.
Hybrix™ benefits for transportation industry applications:
- 30-75% lower weight while still the bending stiffness is preserved for panels and beam structures
- Lightweight solutions for fuel consumption and efficiency
- High bending stiffness per weight unit
- Proper formability properties
- Good dent resistance
- Sufficient in-plane heat distribution
- Proper process-ability using standard processes and tools normally used for sheet metals.
- Suitable for high volume production
- Lower CO2 footprint
- Cost competitive with other material with weight reduction solutions
Typical application areas:
- Structural components
- Packaging cases/containers/boxes
- Aircraft interior components, e.g. trolleys
- Panels and doors
- Underbody components
Seat structures, Battery pack containers, Aircraft trolleys, Body panels, Car underbodies and Doors.